The Ion OneTouch™ 2 System
- Integrates multiple manual template preparation workflows into a single system
- Enables parallel processing of multiple samples per day through modular design
- Supports scalable template preparation for all Ion semiconductor sequencing chips
- Supports up to 400 bases on the Ion PGM™ System and up to 200 bases on the Ion Proton™ System*
- Includes a full thermal cycling modality for amplification for quick optimization of thermal cycling parameters
- Employs a peristaltic pump fluidic system that eliminates the need for gas
- Fits easily on any benchtop with its small instrument footprint
The Ion OneTouch™ 2 System comprises two modules: the Ion OneTouch™ 2 Instrument and the Ion OneTouch™ ES (enrichment system). (The Ion OneTouch™ 2 Instrument may also be purchased separately
At the heart of the Ion OneTouch™ 2 Instrument are three breakthrough technologies that enable automated delivery of templated Ion Sphere™ particles. The first is the reaction filter that creates millions of microreactors in which clonal amplification occurs. The second is the the fully integrated thermal cycler and disposable path amplification plate system that enables robust thermal cycling of the microreactors. The third is the integrated centrifuge, which recovers the templated Ion Sphere™ particles. Combined, these first-in-class technologies deliver massively parallel clonal amplification and recovery with walk-away operation—all in a small benchtop footprint.
The Ion OneTouch™ ES employs proven magnetic bead technology to isolate template-positive Ion Sphere™ particles that can be loaded directly onto the Ion semiconductor chip—delivering automated, highly reproducible enrichment with every run.
The Ion OneTouch™ 2 System automates multiple manual steps to provide template preparation, including enrichment. With minimal hands-on time required, it will allow for preparation of multiple samples per day and significant time savings.
For both the Ion OneTouch™ 2 Instrument and the Ion OneTouch™ ES, instrument setup, sample preparation, and run initiation steps are simplified for maximum efficiency and throughput.
The modular design of the Ion OneTouch™ 2 System enables parallel template processing with sample sequencing on the Ion Proton™ or Ion PGM™ sequencers. This reduces the time from sample to sequence to a single day and enables processing of multiple samples per day. The combination of Ion semiconductor sequencing and the Ion OneTouch™ 2 System maximizes the speed of each experiment and minimizes the overall time to completion for each project. The modular design also allows for QC of Ion Sphere™ particles, to maximize experimental control and the success of each experiment.
*The content herein may relate to products that have not been officially released and is subject to change without notice.