||1 chip per run
||Ion PI™ Chip
||Compatible with Ion OneTouch™ automated template prep system
||BAM Files, FASTQ Files, SFF Files, VCF Files
||Depth: 30.5 in (77.5 cm), Height: 18.7 in (47.4 cm), Width: 21.3 in (54.2 cm)
|For Use With (Equipment):
||Ion Proton™ System
|High Throughput Compatibility:
||High Throughput-Compatible, Multiplexing
||DNA: 96 off-the-shelf barcodes, RNA: 16 off-the-shelf barcodes, Up to 384 barcodes
||Ion Proton I Chip: Up to 2 human exomes per run
||Up to 200 bp
||Ion Proton I Chip: 60-80 million reads (passing filter at ≥50 bases)
||Post-Light™ Ion Semiconductor Sequencing
||Up to 10 Gb per run (Ion Proton I Chip)
||Crated for shipment: 200 lb (90.7 kg), Free-standing: 130 lb (59 kg)
Contents & storage
1 Ion Proton™ Sequencer
1 Ion Proton™ Torrent Server
- Fastest high-throughput next-generation sequencing workflow with the fastest sequencing run-times of 2–4 hours on the Ion PI™ Chip
- Highest number of complete sequencing runs per week, with a simple and automated workflow (when used with the Ion OneTouch™ 2 System)
- Simple semiconductor sequencing workflows with robust and simple hardware that can be relied upon—no cameras, no optics, and no lasers
- Scalable, high throughput sequencing capabilities enabling up to 200-base single reads and flexible library options (e.g., fragment gDNA, targeted/exome, RNA)
- Small benchtop footprint and mounting capability (with optional rack) (two Ion Proton™ systems per rack), to deliver the only benchtop genome center
- Low-cost platform and attractively priced semiconductor chips and reagents for a range of applications
- Proven Ion semiconductor sequencing requires no complex optics and employs natural nucleotides to deliver highly accurate variant detection, uniformity of coverage, and sensitivity to detect low frequency variants
- Range of fast and simple library solutions and kits with low-input requirements for a variety of applications, such as genomic sequencing, exome sequencing, sequencing sets of genes, and RNA sequencing
- Complete end-to-end solution from base calls to variants with the Proton™ Torrent Server and Torrent Suite Software v3.0
- Simple and integrated tools for tertiary data analysis with Ion Reporter™ Software for DNA variation analysis across single, paired, or trio samplesWith the availability of the groundbreaking Ion Proton™ System, rapid, high throughput sequencing is finally accessible by all laboratories.
Affordable Sequencing For Nearly Every Lab
Previous sequencing technologies have relied upon optical systems as bridges between the chemical and digital forms of sequence information. These systems have added tremendous costs to sequencers, relegating them to only the largest laboratories. By eliminating the need for the optical system, the Ion Proton™ System provides high throughput sequencing that is simpler, faster, more cost effective, and more scalable than any other technology available. With a benchtop footprint, low-cost sequencing reagents, and a simple touchscreen user interface, the Ion Proton™ System brings high throughput, next generation sequencing to nearly every lab.
Ion Power: PostLight™ Sequencing Produces Bits From Bases
The sequencing technology underlying the Ion Proton™ System exploits a well-characterized biochemical process: When a nucleotide is incorporated into a strand of DNA by a polymerase, a hydrogen ion (H+) is released as a byproduct. This hydrogen ion carries a charge that the Proton™ System’s ion sensor—essentially the world's smallest solid-state pH meter—can detect. As the sequencer floods the chip with one nucleotide after another, any nucleotide added to a DNA template will be detected as a voltage change, and the Ion Proton™ System will call the base. If a nucleotide is not a match for a particular template, no voltage change will be detected and no base will be called for that template.
Massively Parallel Sequencing On Your Bench
A principal component of the Ion Proton™ System is the sequencing chip. The Ion PI™ Chip incorporates an extremely dense array of >165 million micro-machined wells married to our proprietary ion sensor. Each well contains a different DNA template, allowing massively parallel sequencing. With the Ion PI™ Chip (165 million wells), the Ion Proton™ System enables a range of high throughput genomic applications from human-scale exome sequencing to whole transcriptome sequencing.
The Right Tool To Get Results Easily, Reliably, and Quickly
Because it detects nucleotide incorporation without the use of light, the Ion Proton™ System uses the simplest sequencing chemistry possible: natural nucleotides. There is no need for expensive and error-prone modified bases, enzymatic cascades, chemiluminescence, or fluorescence. Direct detection also means the incorporation of each nucleotide is recorded in seconds. As a result, you can do an entire sequencing run typically in a few hours.